The Box Hill Community Arts Centre is dedicated to offering a safe and enriching environment for all participants and our tutors to experience and share the arts. We endeavour to create an environment that is: safe, inclusive, conducive to learning and free from harassment and bullying.
Important COVID-19 Information:
In line with Government and Health Ministry advice, there have been modifications made with a total focus on the health and safety of our students, staff, tutors and visitors.
- If you or your child are confirmed with the Covid-19 virus or waiting on the results of a test, please stay at home and do not attend the class or the centre.
- If you or your child are confirmed of having Covid-19 and have attended the centre within 2 weeks prior, please notify the office of BHCAC.
- If you require further information regarding State and Federal guidelines regarding Covid-19, please go to https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus for further information.
When returning to the centre you will notice several changes. We ask that you abide by the following when attending the centre for your child’s class:
- Entry to the building is only via the front Station Street door.
- Exit from the building is only via the side Combarton Street door.
- Upon entering the building – both you and your child must sanitize your hands at the hand sanitizing station located on the wall to your right.
- Please ensure that you arrive on time and wait with your child in the Waiting Area (previously the Exhibition Space). Each parent and child are required to wait on a coloured dot which are located on the floor.
- Your child will be collected by their tutor and walked to their class.
- Once your child has gone into their class, please exit via the Combarton Street door. You are not able to wait in the centre whilst their class is taking place.
- Please ensure you are always social distancing when entering, exiting and moving through the centre.
- Each child will be given their own equipment during the session and no sharing of equipment during class is permitted.
- All rooms have their own sanitising stations and children will be directed by their tutor when they are required to sanitize their hands.
- Your child will be expected to clean their work surface at the conclusion of the lesson or when requested to by their tutor.
- Keep your child at home if they are sick and please organise other drop off arrangements if you are sick.
- Please encourage your child to cover their nose and mouth with a tissue when they are coughing or sneezing. If they don’t have a tissue they must cough or sneeze into their upper sleeve or elbow.
Please discuss this information with your child before their first class with us.
We appreciate your assistance in keeping BHCAC a creative and safe place to visit.
Please enrol at least one week in advance of all programs to avoid disappointment. Courses will be cancelled one week prior if minimum enrolment is not reached.
Refunds will only be considered more than seven days prior to commencement of a course. Refunds will not be given once classes commence. Refunds cannot be issued for individual classes. An administration fee ($15 term/$5 holidays) per course applies to all refunds.
No make-up classes are available.
All adults classes are for 18+ years only.
If you have enrolled into an Adults Ceramics course, please read our Ceramics Course Guidelines before you start your course.
Parents Please Note:
• Please ensure children wear smocks or old clothes for clay and painting classes, wear closed toed shoes and bring a towel for wheel classes.
• Please read our Behaviour Expectations before enrolling your child.