The Box Hill Community Arts Centre is dedicated to offering a safe and enriching environment for all participants and our tutors to experience and share the arts. We endeavour to create an environment that is: safe, inclusive, conducive to learning and free from harassment and bullying.
Important COVID-19 Information:
The Box Hill Community Art Centre has a COVID safe plan in place.
In line with Government and Health Ministry advice, there have been modifications made with a total focus on the health and safety of our students, staff, hirers, tutors and visitors.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- If you or your child are confirmed with the Covid-19 virus or waiting on the results of a test, please stay at home and do not attend the class or the centre.
- If you or your child are confirmed of having Covid-19 and have attended the centre within 2 weeks prior, please notify the office of BHCAC.
- If you require further information regarding State and Federal guidelines regarding Covid-19, please go to https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus for further information.
- When returning to the centre (as a visitor, participant or hirer) you will notice several changes. We ask that you abide by the following when attending the centre:
- Masks must be worn at all times if you are unable to keep socially distanced.
- Entry to the building is only via the front Station Street door.
- Exit from the building is only via the side Combarton Street door.
- Upon entering the building – you must sanitize your hands at the hand sanitizing station located on the wall to your right.
- If you are staying for longer than 15 minutes your details must be collected for the purpose of contract tracing in the event of a suspected coronavirus (COVED-19) case at the centre. Please scan the QR code using your smart phone, or fill out the visitor register.
- Please ensure that you arrive on time and wait in the Waiting Area (previously the Exhibition Space).
- You will be collected by your tutor and walked to your class.
- Please ensure you are always social distancing when entering, exiting and moving through the centre.
- No sharing of equipment during class is permitted.
- All rooms have their own sanitising stations and you will be directed by your tutor when you are required to sanitize your hands, or when you feel necessary.
- You will be expected to clean your work station and equipment at the conclusion of the lesson or when requested to by your tutor. Sanitiser, latex gloves and clean cloths are located in all rooms.
- There are signs at the entrance of rooms stating maximum room capacity. Please abide by this regulation.
- Abide by the seating plan that has been set prior to your class or the positioning of equipment such as easels and wheels.Registration Information
Please enrol at least one week in advance of all programs to avoid disappointment. Courses will be cancelled one week prior if minimum enrolment is not reached.
Refunds will only be considered more than seven days prior to commencement of a course. Refunds will not be given once classes commence. Refunds cannot be issued for individual classes. An administration fee ($15 term/$5 holidays) per course applies to all refunds.
No make-up classes are available.
All adults classes are for 18+ years only.
If you have enrolled into an Adults Ceramics course, please read our Ceramics Course Guidelines before you start your course.
- Parents Please Note:
- Please discuss this information with your child before their first class with us.
• Please ensure children wear smocks or old clothes for clay and painting classes, wear closed toed shoes and bring a towel for wheel classes.
• Please read our Behaviour Expectations before enrolling your child.